Since its launch in 2006, Twitter has seen tremendous growth in the Middle East and especially in Lebanon where it is increasingly being used as a tool for delivering news and stories to a Lebanese audience highly active online. It is an important part of digital marketing today.
Almost every newspaper and news portal in Lebanon is using Twitter marketing and many of them are tweeting their latest news and stories even before announcing them on TV or radio because Twitter is faster and has a strong reach.
Below is an overview of how Lebanese news sites and portals are using Twitter:
- Annahar Newspaper has 244,000 Twitter followers which is among the highest following in the Lebanese online newspaper sector. Annahar is following 668 users and has 212,000 tweets. This newspaper joined Twitter in December 2011. Annahar tweets about politics, stories happening in the society and about celebrities’ news. A lot of pictures are used in their posts and they tweet around 20 times per hour.
- Tayyar.org has 40,800 followers, is following 106 people and has 106,000 tweets. This online portal is tweeting 5 to 10 times per hour and the majority of their tweets are political.
- L’Orient le Jour has 40,700 followers, is following 308 users and has 60,500 tweets. This newspaper has a low engagement on its page and all its tweets are about political news and social stories. The page directs users to l’Orient le Jour’s website through a link and the number of tweets varies from 5 to 15 per hour.
- Lebanon Daily News has 5,186 followers, is following 2,264 people and has 21,300 tweets. This newspaper joined Twitter in February 2010 and has a directory from its account to its Facebook page and its website.
LDN posts every hour 2 or 3 text messages and photos about politics and social events.
Twitter has become a priority for the majority of Newspapers. Journalists are tweeting about live, spontaneous and immediate insights about people’s concerns and topics of the day. Newspapers are adopting Twitter as a channel to reach potential online users and are benefiting from the big success of this innovative microblogging platform.
Instagram is a fast growing social media platform used for personal and business purposes. When this application started out in 2010, it was simply used to share, like and comment on photos. Nowadays Instagram has become an essential marketing tool used by companies to promote their businesses.
From 2010 till 2013 the number of Instagram users has increased from 1 million to 100 million monthly active users. 55 million photos are posted daily with more than 8500 likes and 1000 comments per second. Instagram ads are proven to increase brand awareness.
Companies are taking advantage of these huge numbers and trying to achieve their marketing goals through interacting with their audience and engaging them in their posts.
Many companies are integrating Instagram in their social media management strategy. Here are some benefits of using Instagram for your business:
- Instagram has a unique feature in displaying your photos. You can be creative and artistic by using filters and editing your images the way you want.
- The photos that you post will reach your followers and their friends also. When your followers like, comment or share your photo, this photo will appear in their friends’ news feed.
- You can directly share your photos from Instagram to your Facebook account. This will be easier and faster than posting separately.
- When you post pictures of your products, employees, people using your products and also funny and nice pictures, your followers will be attracted to your page and they will interact with your brand.
- Posting your latest products, offers and events will keep customers updated. People are very interested in knowing about your latest news and this will let them continuously check your page and engage with your postings.
- The use of hashtags in your posts is very important. Once you hashtag a word with Instagram, all account users can see it even the ones who are not following you.
Instagram connects people from around the world through images. Using Instagram for your business will help you gain followers, potential customers and new partners. Customers need images that you should provide them. So if you are not on Instagram, you should sign up now because you are missing out a lot!
YouTube is increasingly attracting users from the entire world and according to Google, Saudi Arabia has the largest share of users per capita.
Statistics show that more than 1 billion users visit YouTube each month and Saudi Arabia encounters around 90 million YouTube views every day which is the highest number of viewers in the world. Smart phones are gradually penetrating the market and are mostly used by Saudis to watch You Tube videos. Another YouTube fact is that in KSA more than 60 hours of video clips are uploaded in one minute.
What are the reasons behind these facts and what is attracting the Saudis to spend the majority of their time online and specifically on YouTube?
Many factors are contributing in the rise of YouTube in KSA. Here are some of these factors:
- Demographic factors: 70% of Saudi Arabia’s population is under 30 years old. This youthful population is surfing YouTube on a daily basis searching for relevant drama, comedy, sports and news.
- Accessibility of Internet: Internet is available in all Saudi Arabia and Saudis are accessing YouTube through their smart phones.
- Non Availability of entertainment sources: public entertainment is almost scarce in KSA. People are searching for amusement on the Internet because they don’t have public movie theaters, nightclubs don’t exist, and many western programs are restricted.
There are many restrictions in Saudi Arabia that Saudis want to escape. YouTube is helping people to live, communicate, have fun and discover what their government is forbidding them from.
Advertising on Facebook is becoming increasingly essential. The average internet user uses Facebook almost daily which makes this channel a prime advertising tool that allows companies to target their audience on a continual basis. Nowadays most companies are promoting their products and services on user’s Facebook pages through many types of ads. The following ad types are the most popular:
Facebook has many targeting options that can help you choose your audience. You can target by location, age, gender, language, interests, connections and other categories. For more info please contact us.
Check out the latest interview of our CEO Imad Karam talking about the latest eCommerce project by the Clouds team, Natasawak.com, the innovative flash sales company in Lebanon and the Middle East. The interview was aired on Dubai's DMTV on December 18, 2013. The interview was conducted by Daniella Rahme and prepared by Elie Abou Saleh.
If you haven't used Google Plus yet you need to do so ASAP because you are missing on a big opportunity to enhance your web presence.
Google Plus has been launched a couple of years now but its impact on the internet audience is already tremendous.
Rather than seeing it as a pure social network, you should see G+ as a social layer which Google has added to all its web properties including Google Search.
It is very important to become active on Google Plus as this will enhance your presence on Google Search and generate you additional traffic and exposure.
Enough said, watch the below video for a full introduction on Google Plus!
Online advertising in the Middle East is experiencing a very strong growth.
Many big businesses and SMEs are currently experimenting with this relatively new medium and market research shows that there is big increase in Internet advertising spend in middle Eastern countries such as Lebanon, UAE, Jordan, Qatar and many others. Advertisers are increasingly seeing the value of online marketing which is not only cost effective but also a measured medium allowing them to draw reports and analyse their ROIs. Among the most popular online advertising tools, SEO (search engine optimization), paid search and social media marketing are probably the most effective channels. Companies is different sectors including ecommerce, real estate, banking and content providers are now allocating a significant portion of their marketing to the online channel and this trend is expected to grow even more in the future.
For more info on
internet advertising feel free to visit Clouds website.
Online shopping in the middle east is growing at a very fast pace. In the recent years, there has been a tremendous growth in the ecommerce sector in countries such as lebanon, UAE, Jordan, Saudi Arabia to name a few. Many websites specializing in Flash sales, discount coupons or the traditional online shop have mushroomed quite rapidly. Big flash sales websites such as
Natasawak.com are offering not only branded deals but also a full customer experience starting from the online visit and ending with the order delivery via high end packaging and state of the art customer service. The ecommerce landscape in the middle east is no doubt competitive however many opportunities are still existent. For more information on Natasawak.com, visit
online shopping Dubai.
Imad Karam, CEO of Clouds Media, talks about the importance of Twitter and how it will enhance you overall marketing campaign.
Imad Karam, CEO of Clouds Media, gives a brief and useful introduction to Google Adwords and paid search. The video is mainly in Lebanese and English and will be understood by users from Lebanon, UAE (Dubai), Saudi Arabia, Qatar and all arabic speakers. It has been aired on MTV Lebanon in July 2012.
Imad Karam, CEO
All Advertising Dubai Adwords Dubai Adwords Uae Digital Marketing News Ecommerce Lebanon Facebook Ads Facebook Advertising Facebook Dubai Facebook Uae Flash Sales Lebanon Google Ads Dubai Google Ads Lebanon Google Ads Uae Google Adwords Lebanon Google In Lebanon Google Panda Google Penguin Imad Karam Instagram Advertising Lebanon Instagram In Lebanon Online Advertising Agency Dubai Online Advertising Lebanon Online Marketing Lebanon Online Shopping Lebanon Online Shopping Middle East Paid Search Paid Search Lebanon Paid Search Uae Seo Lebanon Seo Onsite Optimization Social Media Lebanon Welcome To Clouds Media Lebanon