Instagram is a fast growing social media platform used for personal and business purposes. When this application started out in 2010, it was simply used to share, like and comment on photos. Nowadays Instagram has become an essential marketing tool used by companies to promote their businesses.
From 2010 till 2013 the number of Instagram users has increased from 1 million to 100 million monthly active users. 55 million photos are posted daily with more than 8500 likes and 1000 comments per second. Instagram ads are proven to increase brand awareness.
Companies are taking advantage of these huge numbers and trying to achieve their marketing goals through interacting with their audience and engaging them in their posts.
Many companies are integrating Instagram in their social media management strategy. Here are some benefits of using Instagram for your business:
- Instagram has a unique feature in displaying your photos. You can be creative and artistic by using filters and editing your images the way you want.
- The photos that you post will reach your followers and their friends also. When your followers like, comment or share your photo, this photo will appear in their friends’ news feed.
- You can directly share your photos from Instagram to your Facebook account. This will be easier and faster than posting separately.
- When you post pictures of your products, employees, people using your products and also funny and nice pictures, your followers will be attracted to your page and they will interact with your brand.
- Posting your latest products, offers and events will keep customers updated. People are very interested in knowing about your latest news and this will let them continuously check your page and engage with your postings.
- The use of hashtags in your posts is very important. Once you hashtag a word with Instagram, all account users can see it even the ones who are not following you.
Instagram connects people from around the world through images. Using Instagram for your business will help you gain followers, potential customers and new partners. Customers need images that you should provide them. So if you are not on Instagram, you should sign up now because you are missing out a lot!
Imad Karam, CEO